I go by the name Byrd to my closest friends. I have lived in Ahwatukee since 2010. I really enjoy supporting local Ahwatukee businesses so much that I started this website. I feel strongly that it is our responsibility to support these local Ahwatukee businesses. This will help build a strong community with local job options. I have put together this list of my favorite local businesses here in Ahwatukee. This list is in no particular order. I will say that all of these businesses have people working or associated with them that work very hard for their business. Most of them have touched my life or my family’s life in some way or another that was beneficial. Feel free to navigate back over to the MyAhwatukee Homepage or perhaps straight to the Services page or even the restaurants page.
1. Zzeeks Pizza & Wings (favorite pizza and wings spot – $.60cent wings on Sundays – 48thSt@Warner) This place offers cauliflower pizza crust for those on the keto/low carb type diets. They recently added broccoli cheddar crust. Who says pizza can’t be healthy?
2. El Taco Santo (best damn tacos… period – 40th/Chandler Blvd – food truck @ Firestone parking lot). This food truck is run by some of the best people I have ever met. Closed on Mondays. Typically available 5:30-8:00PM Tues-Friday and on weekends if they are not booked for an event.
3. Franciscos Mexican Food (great Mexican take-out 32nd St on Chandler Blvd).
4. Perfect Pear (FRESH. enjoyable food – changes menu with seasons – Foothills Parkway / Chandler Blvd). Customer service here is epic. This location will close its doors May 2019
5. Be…An Artist (comedy night, everything art (yes, you can make a nice painting here), and leprechauns! 40th and Chandler Blvd)
6. CPR – Cellphone Repair, formerly iFixitall iphone repair (iphones and zboxtv 48thSt and Chandler Blvd)
7. Biscuits on Elliot Rd @ 48th (breakfast)
8. Ahwatukee Farmers Market (Sunday mornings local)
9. Lemme Eat Gluten (GF eats and treats. )
10. The Buzzed Goat Coffee Co (Ray Rd. @ E Ranch Circle)(great coffee, relaxing atmosphere, breakfast options, lite lunch options)
11. Darin Mallet Carpet and Tile cleaner (carpets still fresh. faster than we can do it ourselves with a rented rug doctor and the carpets are actually cleaner)
12. Madjak Weed and Lawn service (rock solid guarantee for 6 months). This company has earned its own page here on the website.
13. Great Wok (Chinese carry out. Ray Rd @ South Ranch Circle.)
14. Shampooch Dog Spaw (42nd street and Chandler Blvd.)
15. Diamond Cut pet Spa (Warner Rd @ 48th street)
16. Qdoba Mexican Eats (Mexican food – loaded tortilla soup is basically an extremely flavorful taco salad bowl with all the fixings)
17. Spencer – handyman services – voted best service 2018.
18. Papa Chevos – breakfast tacos (Ray Rd. @ E Ranch Circle)
19. Anytime Fitness – amazing all the options in that location Chandler Blvd back in the foothills near Safeway. If you look up the address in Google Maps, you can get a 360 degree virtual tour inside the facility to see all the machines they have available.
20. Yoasis Frozen yogurt – great place for a family treat (Desert Foothills Parkway @ Chandler Blvd – foothills area)
21. Woolaver Orthadontics – both kids’ braces (well organized team)
22. Arroyo Thai – some of my favorite Thai food (48th street @ Ray Rd.)
23. Savor Flavor Asia – great Chinese take out with many other Asian options. 48th/50th and Ray Rd.
24. The Crypt Escape Rooms – definitely something different for entertainment where everyone gets to participate. This kind of fun is challenging and should be on the bucket list to treat the family. reserve online.
25. Loose Leaf Tea Market – great teas for the soul (Chandler Blvd @40th) CLOSED or CLOSING.
26. Tukees Tamales – great Friday fix of authentic Mexican Food and of course tamales!
27. Heather Rahn, Integra Insurance – Insurance Broker to save big $$$ while still getting quality coverage that you need. Please let her know that Byrd sent you. She has saved my family over $900 per year in premiums and got us better coverage. She has helped save my co-workers more than my savings. Going through a broker is definitely the way to buy insurance. Cost nothing to get a quote.
28. Mat Sky with Sky Hair Studio -(Warner Rd @ 48th street) – A true hair artist. Our teenager actually wanted to return for his next hair cut from Mat after just 1 visit.
29. Frank and Lupes Mexican Restaurant – New Mexico style of Mexican food that is not spicy. great place to just go have dinner out with the family.
30. J&J Locksmith – nice to not need him, but when you do, he comes through.
31. Monsoon Moving – honest guys that get the job done.
32. Cuties Lemonade – all natural freshly squeezed, refreshing lemonade. It is one of those things that you have to try in order to believe it. They squeeze an entire lemon, add cherries (or fruits), plant based sugar, ice, and the secret, alkaline water. Great for parties of 50+ people. Follow them on FoodtruckThreads so that you know where they will set up.
Be sure to make a few phone calls to these local businesses to see if they have anything you need before running to Amazon. Remember for that “free shipping” at some point we will all pay for that.